It’s a bright day, the crowds are cheering and everyone is rejoicing for it is a wedding day.
Before the wedding there’s lot to prepare for like fixing of wedding date, decorations, the cake ,song, the wedding gowns and Suits, with many more.
But today we will talk about the wedding song based on Catholic Church.
Doing the wedding especially in the Catholic Church not all types of songs are allowed, in preparation for the wedding you are expected to discuss with the parish on which song to play which will be OK with the reading and the preaching of the day for everything needs to be in order and interesting.
In the mass the song played are expected to accompany with what is happening in the moment .
- Doing the wedding processional the music have to be uplifting
- Before the homily, before the vows and sermon the music is to be sober
- Before the communion the music has to be joyful
- Then doing the wedding recessional the music is to be celebratory which makes the mass ends in cerebration.
Also your wedding song is required to be song relating to Christian faith, beautiful and known so that everyone can sing along.
List of Beautiful Catholic wedding songs
THESE ONES ARE BEST SANG DOING PROCESSIONAL (WHEN THE BRIDE AND GROOM WALKS AS COUPLES)
- ODE TO JOY by Beethoven
- Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring by Bach
- Hallelujah Chorus by Handel
- Zadok the Priest by Handel
- Ave Maria by Schubert
- Bénédiction de Dieu dans la Solitude by Liszt
- Ave Verum Corpus by Mozart
- Pie Jesu by arr. Ander Lloyd Webber
- St Matthew Passion by Bach
- Bridal Chorus by Wagner
THE ONES ARE BEST SANG DOING RESPONSORIAL PSALM
- Hallowed by Jennifer Knapp
- I hear my love
- This is the Day – by S. Hart & D. Liles
- Let all the earth cry out
- Taste and see by Anglisano
THESE ONES ARE BEST SANG DOING GOSPEL ACCRAMATION
- Celtic Alleluia
- Alleluia from Mass of Joyful Heart by Angrisano.
- Alleluia from Misa del Mundo by J. Manibusan
THESE ONES ARE BEST SANG DOING HOLY COMMUNION
- Make me a channel of your peace by Sebastian Temple
- Amazing grace by John Newton
- Be Thou My Vision by Audrey Assad
- Air from Suite in D (Air on the G String) by J.S. Bach
You can get these musics listed above from the following website for free
- MP3 JUICE
In summary there are many more Catholic wedding songs and I just listed the best and most popular ones, which will surely brighten your wedding day and make it memorable.
Other interesting posts
Who are Archangels
Who are Guardian angels
What is Exorcism